adelphi is an independent think tank and the world's leading policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our 200 bright minds are rethinkers, designers, strategists and agenda-setters. Through science-based policy analysis and dialogue with political and social actors and decision-makers, we shape options for action for a sustainable future.
With us, you can expect exciting topics at the interface between science and politics as well as practical policy-making around the globe. Contribute your ideas and expertise to our interdisciplinary, international project teams and benefit from networked working and learning as well as flat hierarchies.
Senior Advisor Circular Economy (m/f/d)
in the field of Circular Economy, Waste Management and Resource Efficiency (full-time with immediate effect) - Berlin
Your working field
In March 2020, the European Union published the second action plan to promote the circular economy, putting the concept of the circular economy at the centre of the European sustainability agenda. Modern waste management is an important part of this, as are approaches to change product design, the development of service and leasing-based business models, and the introduction of innovative policies to increase resource efficiency.
In this field of activity, adelphi advises political decision-makers, companies and international organisations on the development of policy instruments, technology and knowledge transfer, and innovative concepts for a sustainable circular economy. Our work focuses on extended producer responsibility, the prevention of packaging waste, e-waste and marine litter, and the anchoring of circular economy principles in international supply chains (e.g. in the textile and clothing sector). Within the framework of our projects, we work with public and private clients and partner organisations. Our services include the organisation of dialogue events at the interface between science, politics and business, the preparation of studies and concepts, and the development and implementation of training courses.
To support our Circular Economy Programme, we are looking for a full-time Senior Advisor (m/f/d) to start as soon as possible in Berlin.
- Project management and coordination of international projects, e.g. in South and South-East Asia, Latin America and Africa
- Quality assurance and monitoring tasks as well as independent reporting to clients and project partners
- Content design of studies as well as implementation of dialogue events (workshops, conferences) and training courses on the above-mentioned focal topics
- Professional development of the subject area and acquisition of corresponding project assignments
- Networking with relevant key persons and institutions and representing adelphi at relevant conferences
- Personnel responsibility and leadership of a growing team in the area of Circular Economy
- Completed diploma or master's degree in environmental engineering, environmental sciences, political sciences (including environmental policy and governance)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of circular economy and waste management, including plastic (packaging) waste, marine litter and WEEE/e-waste.
- Relevant experience in the conception, acquisition and implementation of complex international consultancy and research projects in the context of development policy
- Active contacts in relevant networks such as the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), the PREVENT Waste Alliance, Solving the E-waste Problem (StEP) and/or the German RETech Partnership.
- Distinct organisational talent and sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and in a structured manner as well as the ability to think across disciplines
- Excellent written and spoken German and English, knowledge of Spanish and/or French desirable
- Very good knowledge of common Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The opportunity to join a sustainable company with an exciting, informal, flexible and multicultural working environment
- Creative opportunities and the chance to take on responsible, varied and team-oriented tasks
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements even after the end of the COVID-19 pandemic
- An exciting, flexible and multicultural working environment and an appreciative corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Free health-promoting sporting activities and membership of the Urban Sports Club at attractive, discounted rates
- BVG discounts and our job bike leasing offer.
- Active work-life balance through flexible working hours, diverse working time models and mobile working
- Continuous, individual further development of your skills as well as targeted promotion of your career path at adelphi
- An attractive and centrally located office on the Spree as an ideal environment for creative work
- An employer-subsidised company pension scheme and attractive benefits through a deferred compensation programme