adelphi is a leading independent think tank and public policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our mission is to improve global governance through research, dialogue and consultation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made services for sustainable development to international clients such as the European Commission. Currently we are looking for a key expert to start as soon as possible and support the Sustainable Consumption and Production Facility – SWITCH Asia II Team in Bangkok, Thailand.
Sustainable Consumption and Production Key Expert for South Asia – SWITCH Asia SCP Facility
Short description of the project:
We are looking for a key expert with extensive experience in the region of South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka). The key expert will be in charge of specific activity packages in the region and quality control supporting the SWITCH Asia SCP Facility based in Bangkok (https://www.switch-asia.eu/scp-facility/). On the request from the Contracting Authority, some travel missions will be required to the partner countries.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: Higher education diploma at Master level (or equivalent) in Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics;
- Proficiency in read, spoken and written English, as working language;
- Proficiency of other local languages of the geographical scope is considered an asset.
- At least 10 years' professional experience on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics, or directly relevant field;
- At least 5 years' professional experience in management/coordination/advisory within the framework of international development projects;
- Ability to work in a team and adapt easily to a multicultural environment.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years' professional experience in South-Asia on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- The expert must possess management skills demonstrated by experience in Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field;
- Experience in at least one project of policy negotiation/capacity building on Environment, Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics or directly relevant field of minimum one year in South Asia.
The following skills are considered as an asset:
- Having given trainings, authored articles, research papers on topics related to Environment/Natural Resources Management or Environmental Economics;
- Demonstrates knowledge of the administrative procedures of the European Commission and experience working in projects for EU bodies, EuropeAid or other international development agency;
- Consistent work experience and an institutional agenda in the areas of sustainable consumption and production.
- Active role in shaping debates on and solutions to the key issues of our time – climate, environment and development
- Variety and autonomy in your work, and responsibility for a range of multi-faceted tasks at a sustainable company
- A dynamic, multicultural workplace with flexible working conditions, flat hierarchies and an appreciative corporate culture
- Free access to exercises classes (including yoga and Pilates) and Urban Sports Club membership at attractive, discounted rates
- Active work-life balance through flexible working hours, varied working-time models and mobile working
- Continuous, tailored support for developing your skills and planning your own personal career path at adelphi
- An attractive and centrally located office on the banks of the river Spree, an ideal environment for creative work
- A company pension plan subsidized by the employer and an attractive benefits programme